- The diverse landscapes of the Alp and the Riviera
- Old stone farmhouses and Bories, walls, and huts along centuries-old paths
- The villages of the Breil sur Roya, Sospel, Sainte Agnes and the magical town of Menton on the Cote d’Azur
- Awe-inspiring vistas over the Mediterranean
- Follow our insider tips in the our notes (where to get the freshest baguette for your picnic, where to taste olive oil or wine)
- Authentic Provencal villages nestled in wooded valleys, surrounded by high mountains
- The cultural mix of Italian and French influences including architecturally
- The beautiful mountain top village of Sainte Agnès
- The “Italian type” town of Menton on the Med Sea
- Finish in style in a 4 star Menton hotel with a well-being space, jacuzzi, sun lounges and gym
Behind the French Riviera’s glamour hide these incredibly beautiful timeless villages that are both nestled in lush Provencal valleys and perched precariously atop rocky crags. The ancient paths wind their way to from these Villages through forests and follow majestic olive groves. The views are simply breathtaking as you walk straddling the coast high above the sea.
The walk starts in Breil sur Roya travels via Italy and the colourful town of Olivetta and then back again to the medieval town of Sospel. From St Agnes, one of the most lauded villages in all of France for its beauty, it is then on to Gorbio. The centuries-old paths lead straight to the beautiful Italian influenced town of Menton probably the prettiest town on the Riviera. This walk showcases the diversity of the region and the serene wooded valleys, to lavender fields, ancient villages and ancient architectural treasures.
$per person twin/double share
Australian hotel accommodations charge the same price per room regardless of whether there is one or two people occupying it.
In order to cover the cost of the accommodation when occupied by one person we need to charge the single supplement fee, a cost that we make no margin on.
Grade 3 – ModerateShort, steep hill sections. Moderate active lifestyle and some walking experience recommended.
Data required for rest of form
Walk Length: Days
Person Single Cost: $
Single Supplement: $