- 12 days on the Portuguese Camino de Santiago walking from accommodation to accommodation.
- Walk the Camino without the massive crowds
- 13 nights in 3-star accommodations that capture the spirit of the region (an upgrade to 4-star and better accommodation is available.)
- Breakfast every morning
- Information session with one of our people on the ground and 24/7 support in case of an emergency
- Walk 230 km on the Portuguese Way of St James pack free
- Take advantage of nearly 30 years of experience in organising self-guided walks
The Portuguese Camino de Santiago (or the Portuguese way of St James) is one of the main pilgrim routes to Santiago – definitely one of the most beautiful, but without the crowds. Walk from one world heritage site to another from Porto (the birthplace of port wine) to the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela via some of the most scenic parts of Portugal. The hike begins at the coast and then heads inland through the forest via gorgeous countryside trails. You’ll pass vineyards, farms and some of Portugal’s most important historic sites on the ‘Way’.
On the Way truly discover Portugal, a country of small dimensions yet of great triumphs. Marvel at the intactness of the passing of time, the magnificent history of this place and revel in the mouth-watering food and exquisite wines of this part of the world. This is a true Camino adventure with an Iberian adventure bolted on!
We’ve carefully chosen hotels, charming country houses, sometimes with historic significance to enable you to get right up close to the history, the culture and all the culinary delights of northern Portugal.
$per person twin/double share
Australian hotel accommodations charge the same price per room regardless of whether there is one or two people occupying it.
In order to cover the cost of the accommodation when occupied by one person we need to charge the single supplement fee, a cost that we make no margin on.
Grade 3 – ModerateShort, steep hill sections. Moderate active lifestyle and some walking experience recommended.
Data required for rest of form
Walk Length: Days
Person Single Cost: $
Single Supplement: $